Wednesday 22 April 2015

Touring for the sake of it

Thurs 9th: Pierre a Ric - Mush

Was going to tour up from the mid station to the glacier after work just to get the legs moving but it turned out I'd forgotten my pass. Up to mid station and straight back down. Pretty steep slushy uphill and hard work.


Fri 10th: Col de Tour Noir - Crusty / spring snow at the bottom

Met Craig early doors to sort out the mess that was his skins. Craig wasn't acclimatised so headed up Col de Tour Noir to reccy some bigger routes. I set off at a normal pace with frequent breaks for the holiday boy. In the end we turned back 100m from the summit as Craig struggling with altitude and quite a way behind. I got high enough to spot what I'd wanted so was happy to turn back.


Party of two on the NE face of Courtes

Craig the dot in the centre. Time to turn around
Variable crud for most of the descent

No comments:

Post a Comment