Saturday 7 December 2013

GM Opening / Dave's 50th

7th Dec: First day of the season! Grand Montets opening day. Really nice soft corduroy pistes. Quiet. Lots of very fast cruising runs practicing the rusty technique. Charlie wiped out within 100m of the first run of the year. I laughed a bit (lot). He followed it up by skidding out by the snow canons where the snow was almost... dare I say it... like powder. Pretty sure I went over a few times too when messing around.

Evening: CELEBRATE. Drinks at ours with Liam and Dan, then Munster for Dave's 50th. Verrrrrrrry drunk. Met up with loads of people from last season and loads of new ones. Chatted far too much shit. Excellent first day/night of the season.


Empty parking... surreal

Me, Charlie and Liam in the first Bochard of the season

Charlie

My rather poor attempt at spitting off the chairlift




Only photo of the night... almost as blurry as my memory


Found these two days later...






No comments:

Post a Comment