Friday 14 March 2014

Spring's here

10th-14th: No fresh snow for weeks and a high freezing level meant that all the snow is pretty much ruined. Not bothered about doing anything so just a nice chilled out week taking in the sun and heat.

Tues: Climbing and BBQ up at Gaillands with TomTom, Robyn, Sparky, Steve, Roberta, Dan (others joined later). Did a couple of nice routes to start with then TomTom and I went up a fun multipitch. Nice relaxed climbing, nothing too tricky. First time I've climbed properly outdoors. BBQ was amazing. Perfect way to spend four hours between shifts. No photos though unfortunately.

Weds: Headed up GM for a nice chilled out day organised by Tanzi with the them 'frocks and funk'. Naturally Dan and I chose frocks. Hot dogging the park in a dress was pretty weird. Threw some massive daffies / spread eagles. Not pretty. Got so many stares / shouts / laughs it was pretty funny, even the lifties were joining in. After a few falls messing around (none in the park), I started getting really cold so chucked my gear back on. I have no idea how, but apparently there were no proper photos of me doing this... next time maybe hah. LIES. Roberta found one...
Dan-ielle
Rich-ael

Happy days!













































Thurs: Had a walk around town to check out the sales. Nothing decent at all. Took the bus to Argentiere then walked back. Took around two hours but I was in no rush.
Flegere home run looking pretty bare... haven't skied it once
















Fri: Climbing at Gaillands again with Charlie and Jason for a few hours before work. Pushed myself a little bit more which was cool. Starting to get used to outdoors and find my rhythm. Really looking forward to doing some longer and more complex routes in the next few weeks.

Me leading
Jason belaying off his hangover
Charlie climbing
Jason, Charlie and Zac down below





No comments:

Post a Comment