Monday 24 March 2014

Winter's back - Le Tour provides

Mon 24th: Not skiing in a week - record of the season - left me gagging to do something interesting. Steve, Tom Tom and I were planning on doing Cosmique couloir should the weather allow. It didn't in the morning and we didn't want to wait around. So instead TT + I headed up to Le Tour with Robyn. May have been a good shout as apparently the Cosmiques had a big queue and and big slide (heard third hand).

We got up to a pretty dense whiteout and headed up to TĂȘte de Balme, big surprise. Snow was really good with just a tiny bit of wind-crust in places. All three of us bounced down all the little rollers and tree wells, no breaks. I was determined to do something decent as it'd been so long since I'd skid. Chose a nice drop and hit it. First wipeout of the day. Almost made it but my DINs popped.
Low light snow
Tom Tom and Robyn killing it




























Determined I tightened my DINs up to full (12 on Barons) and went for it again next lap. Let my core go but I rode out - pretty happy. 
Boom
Tom Tom's stitch
View from the chair






































After this we just lapped the chair over non-stop for the next three hours. Met up with Aiden and some of the other boarders for a few runs. All of us were going for it, hitting everything of interest. There were a lot of falls all around. Definitely the most falls I've had in a long time. I blame the GoPro pole. I twisted both knees (not too badly) and ended up bending ANOTHER set of poles...
Sun poking through on our tracks below
Not again...



































We headed back for a coffee and sitting down we realised we'd had enough. Better to call it before anything stupid happened. Powder, great company and another awesome day.

Cheers TomTom for the great photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment