Monday 22 December 2014

Casual morning laps

Mon 22nd: Yet another day off... getting slightly worried by the lack of hours but oh well. SKIING. Headed up to GM with Bob and Nick for a few quick laps of top bin. We were up pretty early and again there was no one in the queue... crazy.
I will never get tired of seeing these mountains















First lap Bob and I dropped off the main face into lovely chalky snow. The conditions so much better than I expected as the wind had filled in tracks. The snow got more chopped up as we got lower, but there were still pockets of untouched powder here and there. Exited via the Canadian bowl. Nick joined us for the second lap of a similar route and conditions. The only difference was the queue.

What the devil?
Bob and Nick on the front face

Bumped into Oscar at the station and we had a long queue for the third lap. Oscar wanted to ski from the viewing platform and I was happy to join as I haven't before. The arete was definitely more lethal than the midi arete. The skiing was nothing special but good to know another route for the future. We traversed back over to the main face and took a similar route down.
Oscar looking badass ignoring the sign
Actually pretty exposed



A nice easy morning ski. The conditions up top are still good and I reckon they'll be OK for at least a few days. Seven laps of top bin in the first two days of skiing this year... probably more than I've done in the last two seasons as I usually favour le Tour / the Midi. Definitely a GM convert though.

No comments:

Post a Comment