Thursday 25 December 2014

Quick Xmas ski up GM

Christmas: Had a great Xmas eve of heavy drinking in Chambre 9, Munster and Bar d'Up. After a quick and tasty brunch with Holly, May and James I popped up GM for a quick ski dressed as Santa. Bumped into quite a few people and we headed up Top Bin. The conditions weren't that bad, although the bergschrund was getting seriously visible on the main face. Did a quick Bochard lap after where I managed take a nice chunk out of my finger on a mandatory 2m air through a rock gully off the high traverse. It's not in yet... Nice to get up though and good fun.
Myself and Bob Santad up





Happy Santas
James with our casual Xmas brekkie
Santa Selfie

Bob silhouetted

Lukas cruising













































Decided that 2 laps were enough in my hung over state so headed off to La Clusaz to visit my family + family friends. An excellent Xmas and my first turkey dinner in 3 years. Stayed the night and had a brilliant cheese fondue and tartiflette for lunch. Its a hard life...

NB. Cheers to Lukas for the great photo of Bob and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment