Tuesday 6 January 2015

Technical snowboarding

Tue 6th: Called Oscar early and we decided to have a lazy day. Skipping first lifts for the first time in ages was awesome, actually had a lie in. Figured I'd head up Brevent for a few hours. Wasn't bothered about skiing so borrowed Arvid's rock board and snowboarded for the first time in 6 years. I've boarded quite a lot before but it's been so long it was still pretty strange. I was also doing it in ski boots and was getting a lot of weird looks and comments. I christened it technical snowboarding.




Dynafits on a board. Anti-steeze































Just had a day of messing about with nothing too taxing. Dropped straight off the back of Cornu and the snow was really good, I was almost sad I didn't bring my skis up (especially as there were tracks in hotel face). Headed over to Flegere, met the others and lapped Index a few times. Snow was good and chalky but nothing special. Some of the off-piste was similar but there were rocks everywhere (expected). I picked up boarding again pretty quickly. The low point was putting a hard turn in over a roller on the first run into what turned out to be boilerplate. Broke a rib. It hurts.
Playa...


































Good lazy day with some great views and company

No comments:

Post a Comment