Friday 17 January 2014

Flegere Fun



Fri 17th: Work early. Back for 10am and up on the mountain at at 10:30 for another powder day. Met up with Liam. Snow down the black was OK, deep in places, but the base was crusty. Bit of a let down but oh well. 

Started traversing skiers left of chair. Snow REALLY deep. So much better than the other side. Absolutely awesome skiing. Spent 5-10 runs bombing down various routes bouncing off any rock / lip we could find. Landings were so soft. Perfect. Got a couple of videos.

Skied a couple of cool lines on the last 2 runs. Few gullies / couloirs. Hiked up for the last hit of the day but hadn’t spotted it properly. From the top I had no idea which line I'd chosen so chickened out of the big hit – next time!

Got down the mountain to a bidding war off ChamSocial for my skis. Guy paid and picked them up within 5 mins of me leaving Flegere... RIP my trusty S7s, you served me well.

Liam enjoying the S7s
Sure you could see the old lines
but man was the snow amazing


Right hand track
Me on my S7's last year - RIP












No comments:

Post a Comment