Tuesday 21 January 2014

Low vis le Tour

21st: No one was that bothered by skiing this morning. Even I wasn't pushing people to get out like usual. This cold / man flu is REALLY pissing me off.

Finally got to the lift by 12 with Charlie and Liam. Still having no skis, I borrowed Charlie's DPS. I, being super special, had forgotten my gloves. It was bloody cold and windy as well. Luckily for me (and not so much for him) Charlie's pass had a problem and he couldn't ski. By the time Liam and I made it to the slopes we had two pairs of Charlie's skis and his gloves. What a nice man.

First run of the day was back down the main face. It was OK. There were nice pockets of snow between thick, thick windcrust. The sun even poked out for a bit. Passable. Went to see what my favourite run was like. Again the snow was OK but the visibility was shockingly bad. Couldn't see any contours of rollers / tracks / anything... so we went home. Even got the bubble back down. Pathetic I know. Oh well.

Still. Got home and picked up my new toy's finally ready to go...

Both sets of Charlie's skis... oops
By far the best visibility of the day... says a lot




Setup for the day
YES! Finally

No comments:

Post a Comment